About the SCI
Alan Mathison Turing OBE, FRS 1912 - 1954
The Scientific Community Initiative aims to provide opportunities to think about the human aspects of the scientific endeavor.
Taking care of our psychological well-being:
- What makes you happy about being a scientist?
- How can we identify anxiety and depression, how can we help?
- How do we deal with stress and uncertainty in science?
Improving our sense of community:
- How can we communicate better amongst ourselves?
- How do we provide support to other scientists around us?
The subjective aspects of science:
- How do we select a scientific problem, what is interesting?
S.C.I. organizes the annual “Let’s Have an Awesome Time Doing Science” conference where scientists from various fields and stages of career development discuss ways to help make science as fun, supportive and nurturing as possible.